This is a simple and fast preparing appetizer yet extremely tasty!
10 gloves of garlic peeled and finely chopped
2 tbsp oil for frying
3 medium potatoes (white, yellow or red) cooked and piled
1 big apple pilled and seeded
1 tbsp spoon olive oil
1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon
⅓ cup sesame seeds (if desired but not necessary)
Salt & pepper if desired
- In a small non stick frying pan pour the oil and bring the heat to high.
- Once oil is hot pour in the chopped garlic. The heat should stay high for a crispy result. Stir occasionally. Once the garlic is fried and golden remove it from the heat. Remove the golden garlic from the oil and bring it to a kitchen towel to take out the excess oil and put it aside.
- Cut potatoes & apple in small cube (1 cm X 1 cm). In a bowl mix the potatoes, apple, olive oil, mayonnaise & lemon.
- Bring the salad in plate and dressing it with sesame seed and fried garlic on top. (Make sure the garlic doesn’t have oil.)
- For a more aromatic taste sometimes I add 2 tbl spoon finely chopped smoked turkey